create. communicate. share.

elcapitan
Community Explorer
December 27, 2021, 3:34 pm

2018-21 Revero

Been looking for a while,  The clostest dealer is 80 miles away.  I called them, no one ever called me back, called the national line, no callback.    Makes me a little wary to spend this kind of money......My question is this a car I can take on a  450 mile trip?Do you have to get special plugs or sockets installed at your home for the plugs?Are the 2018-21's battery packs different from the 2012 fisker Karma?Can you run the car on gas only while the car charges, then switch?If we are riding on the highway shouldn't the solar be charging and generators to help us get there?If the battery packs are the biggest issue, how much to they cost on average?Sorry folks, I am a guy that does a ton of research and I can tell you its been hit or miss on finding info about these cars.   If you can send me in the right direction.   thx

5 replies / 222 views
gmorris
Community Advocate

December 27, 2021, 4:33 pm

You can charge off 110 or 240, you need a special 240 plug for l2 charging but it is not required.  A 110 plug will give you a full pack over night.  The battery packs are different between the 2012 and 2018 and then again the 2020+.  The vehicle has a generator which allows you to run the electric motors directly off the generator (if you choose to or if the battery pack is fully depleted).  Solar was removed on the newest GT's and only on the 2012 and 2018 models.  Personally I wouldn't trust Karma to be around for much longer as there has been a lot of management turnover and they are running a skeleton crew.  If you like the look of the vehicle I would contact Joe Ferrante at Evolution autosports out in PA.  He has bulletproofed models with a long warranty and plenty of spares.  That is probably your best bet if you want a reliable vehicle with good support.

elcapitan
Community Explorer

December 28, 2021, 7:37 am

Lets say, the battery charge runs down or is low.  You can drive the car with the gas motor right ?If this is correct, what is the ballpark mpg on gas only?thxupdate:So sustain mode= gas engine mode and this is 19mpg?

This reply was edited 12/28/2021 07:50:40

gmorris
Community Advocate

December 28, 2021, 6:21 pm

you can turn the ICE on at any time if you run out of battery the ICE will automoatically turn on and power the generator.  22mpg

pmichaelmd
Community Guru

January 7, 2022, 6:43 am

Yes, Sustain mode uses the i8 engine as a generator. If you watch your ranges, the gas range will decrease in this mode but the electric range will remain static or increase slightly as it is charged. Since I have the 22" wheels, my real world range on all-electric is between 52-62 miles. With the generator, easily over 300 miles, although I have only put 7 gallons of gas in over the course of 2400 driven miles. Range anxiety is the exact reason I purchased this vehicle as I feel comfortable driving longer distances with the ability to pull over for a gas touch up anywhere. Just drive it in Sustain mode for longer trips and that is the reality. I stay in Stealth almost exclusively.

elcapitan
Community Explorer

January 7, 2022, 11:05 am

Ok thanks both of you.This will be our first one so,  I kinda wanted to have some idea even though I have no "chair" time.   Is there anything I need to look out for before buying a used one? (2018)

Communities